Taking time to groom helps a person with self-respect and a sense of independence. As we age, this can become more challenging or even impossible without the assistance of a loved one or a caregiver. Assistance with grooming is an important task that allows individuals to live independently without losing dignity and grace.
Here are some helpful hints:
- If unable to go to the barber or beauty shop, see if you can get someone to come to the house to trim hair.
- Washing hair in the sink may be easier than washing in shower and bath tub.
- Keep hair style that is low maintenance
- Using an electric razor may be simpler to use than a metal razor
- Trim nails twice a month or see a podiatrist for bunions, corns or cracked skin. Also, see a podiatrist if you require medical attention when cutting nails.
- Use Dry Shampoo products if you are unable to wash hair.
MORE ABOUT LARES HOME CARE
Our caregivers are well-qualified, licensed and experienced for service in your loved one’s home. We screen our employees and make sure our clients will be well taken care of. Our services include companionship, personal care, housing referrals, household repairs and upkeep. Contact our home care agency for any of our non-medical home care services.